Screen recording software has come a long way since the days of Windows Movie Maker. These days, you can find a wide range of screen recording software for both PC and Mac that allows you to easily and professionally to screen record on mac and share it with others. But unfortunately, many screen recording software programs are difficult to use, and they are often expensive.
While you can also use a webcam to screen record, they are somewhat unreliable, and you won’t get the same quality as a good screen recorder. Still, if you want to do that, there are a few ways to do this. The simplest way is to open up a web browser and navigate to a website that allows you to record videos using your webcam. Once you’re on the website, click the “record” button, and you’ll be good to go.
3 Unique Ways You Can Screen Record On Mac
In this list, we have compiled a list of the best way to screen record on Mac for you.
Use Mac’s Built-In Screen Recording Feature
To start screen recording on a Mac, click the “gear” icon in the upper-left corner of your screen, and then click the “System Preferences” menu item.
Click the “Screen Recording” button in “Accessibility” under System Preferences.
If you’re not using a Touch Bar, click the “Screen Recording” button to open the main screen recording window.
- To start recording, click the “Record” button in the main screen recording window.
- To stop recording, click the “Stop” button in the main screen recording window.
- Then to play back the recorded screen session, open the “Screen Recording” app on your Mac, and select the recorded session from the “Records” tab.
- To export the recorded screen session as a video file, open the “Screen Recording” app on your Mac and select the recorded session from the “Records” tab.
Do know that you can also screen record with internal or external audio on Mac using the same method. To do that, follow the steps above. Ensure you click the “Microphone” button if you’re recording internally.
The Second Option – Use A Screen Recorder
The best way to record your screen on Mac is using a screen and camera recorder. Here are some of your top choices.
Camtasia is a video editing software accessible on both Windows and macOS. While simple, it provides users an easy way to quickly and efficiently create professional videos. You can record your screen and sound through your mic and edit the entire video through this one software.
It supports various common media types, and the best part is that the software was designed to be simple so anyone can quickly master it.
Camtasia also has a free mobile app that allows you to share your media easily. After you’re done editing, you can use the software to render and share your video files to YouTube, Vimeo, and other sharing platforms.
- Supports 4K Video
- Easy to use and learn
- Has a large number of assets (templates, music, backgrounds)
- Not great for professionals as it doesn’t offer many of the advanced features
- You may face a few bugs while using the system
Movavi Screen Recorder
The Movavi Screen Recorder is a popular screen-capturing tool on both macOS and Windows. It has various editing features that allow you to create video tutorials, walkthroughs, online classes, and more. It’s one of the best screen recorders for Mac that you will come across, and for a good reason. Movavi combines everything you need, from game recording to creating tutorials and editing the videos once done.You can screen record your entire desktop on high-quality HD or 4K resolutions on Mac. You can even choose which portion of the screen you want to record if you don’t want to show the full screen. Additionally, you have the following features:
- Show keystrokes and mouse movements on the video
- Record audio on a separate device
- Preset time limits for each recording
- Intuitive and simple to use
- Superior audio capturing – Supports up to 48KHz Stereo
- You can’t record multiple windows at one time
- Prone to occasional crashes
Debut Video Capture
Debut Video Capture is a great free screen recording software for Mac that allows you to capture all common video formats. It has many features that can be accessed for free, but the free version does not have the full range of features.
With this tool, you can easily screen record on Mac as well record audio. You even have the option to record both your webcam and the screen at the same time. You can add your annotations and time stamps and adjust the frame rate and resolution to your requirements.
This works as a free screen recorder – Windows 10, macOS.
- Adjust color and effects on the captured video
- Show keystrokes and mouse movements
- Upload videos directly to YouTube and other platforms
- Simple and intuitive to use
- Free version available
- Allows you to schedule recordings beforehand
- The UI looks dated
- Doesn’t have many keyboard bindings
The Other Way: Using QuickTime Player
You can also use QuickTime to screen record on mac because it supports high-quality recordings and has a wide range of options. You need to download the Player and then open the app to get started. Once done, go to File and select New Screen Recording.
There are some drawbacks to this method like you cannot edit the video once made like you can on a good screen and camera recorder Mac; however, if you’re looking for a free option. QuickTime Player does a good job of it, though a less reliable one.
If you’re using Mac’s internal screen recording tool, do know that screen recording on a Mac is possible for up to an hour. We recommend you go for the best way to record your screen on Mac –through a screen and camera recorder Mac.
Richard Wakeling is a freelance writer for FreeAccountsOnline, he has been covering video games for 13 years, having worked in reviews, news, guides, and more. Resident Evil 4 is his favourite game of all time, which explains why he owns it on five different platforms.
- 1 3 Unique Ways You Can Screen Record On Mac
- 2 Conclusion