You may have been using Microsoft Word for some time now to write and edit your documents. But over time, you may have noticed that you are making too many errors and you only realize it after submitting the paper. Furthermore, you feel that there is a missing link between the flow of ideas and the delivery of words. In a bid to solve this problem, you opted to try Grammarly, an excellent piece of software that addresses grammatical errors and fixes any related issues, including flow and delivery. In the process, you encounter difficulties when you try to add Grammarly to word. That should not bother you anymore. Here we take you on a step to step tutorial on how to add Grammarly to Microsoft word.
Why Add Grammarly to Word?
Grammarly gives a multitude of highlights that are amazingly effective in formulating any writing items, whether that be an assignment social media post or a book.
It examines the entire document for any error, including grammatical, punctuation, and orthography mistakes. However, what produces it the first choice of people is its collection of superior AI products that provide more reliable results than the conventional editing tool, such as the one that’s present in Microsoft Word.
Anyone can practice it anywhere, but it does demand users to be connected to the web so that they can accurately distinguish blunders. It then notifies the author of the document what actions can be exerted to increase the writing, and it’s totally dependent on the user whether to notice the advice similar to that of an expert’s.
Moreover, it’s practical as a customer product because everyone has a utility for it. An expert can Add Grammarly to Word and use it to correct their emails and reports. A student can correct their essay and homework on Grammarly. A writer can utilize it to detect slips on their items or publications. Even someone who doesn’t cherish publishing an error-filled post on social media can make utilization of it.
It’s popularly known as an efficient tool in proofreading and polishing a piece, and is definitely a must-have for every individual!
How to Add Grammarly to Word Easily
Here are the easy steps that you can follow to add Grammarly to Microsoft Word now!
Go to the Grammarly Website
- On your home screen, click on any browser you would like.
- Then type: https://www.grammarly.com/
- The link will take you instantly to the Grammarly website.
Scroll to the Bottom
- Once you are on the Grammarly website, scroll to the bottom of the page. You will find several columns that have links in them. You should follow exact steps to add Grammarly to Word.
- Choose the “Grammarly for MS Office,” option, which is below “Products.”
Click “Free Download”
- After choosing “Grammarly for MS Office,” you will be taken to the download page.
- Click the red button at the center of the page labeled “Free Download.”
If you already hold a Grammarly Premium account, you can sign in and continue. On the other hand, if you do not have an account, you can sign up using these simple steps.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter your desired password.
- Hit the “Sign up” button at the bottom.
Download the Installer
- The installer automatically starts downloading after you have successfully signed in or signed up. In case this does not happen, do not worry.
- Click “here” under the “Downloading Grammarly for MS Office” header displayed at the top of the screen.
- Once this is done, click Save File (if you are prompted to do so).
Go Through your Downloads
Navigate through your downloads; there is where you will find the Grammarly installer.
- You can click the Windows Key and the E key on your keyboard at the same time.
- Doing so launches the file explorer, and you can then click “Downloads” which is usually on the left panel of that page.
Set Up Grammarly on Your PC
In your downloads folder, you will find the grammar icon and “Grammarlyaddinsetup.exe” written at the bottom. That is the Grammarly installer. Click it. A security warning will appear.
In the security warning box, there will be a “Run” button. Click to proceed.
- Running the installer takes you to the Grammarly Installation Wizard.
- Here you will click the “Get Started” Button. Once you tap on the button, a list of products, Grammarly offers.
Select Grammarly for Word
In the list, choose Grammarly for Word.
The next step to add Grammarly to Word is to click the install button. Doing so will ensure that the Grammarly add-in now installs to Microsoft Word (the option you just chose).
Wrap Up the Installation Process
You will receive a congratulations message from Grammarly once the installation is complete. All you have to do now is click Finish.
Open Microsoft Word and Enable Grammarly
- Click the Windows key on your keyboard, choose all apps, and then select Microsoft Word.
- Once Microsoft word is open, you will see a Grammarly button at the top left corner of Microsoft Word.
- You will use it to enable Grammarly, and after that, it will start checking your grammar and spelling on any document you write on Microsoft word.
As you talk about Microsoft Word, it is essential to understand the entire software behind it, which is Libre Office. LibreOffice Portable is an office suite that was created in 2010. The suite is free and is supported by numerous operating systems like Windows, Linux, Android, Solaris, among others. You can access the office suite, both online and offline. Thus, knowing how to add Add Grammarly to Word is a no brainer.
- 1 Why Add Grammarly to Word?
- 2 How to Add Grammarly to Word Easily
- 2.1 Go to the Grammarly Website
- 2.2 Scroll to the Bottom
- 2.3 Click “Free Download”
- 2.4 Sign Up/Login
- 2.5 Download the Installer
- 2.6 Go Through your Downloads
- 2.7 Set Up Grammarly on Your PC
- 2.8 Click Run
- 2.9 Get Started
- 2.10 Select Grammarly for Word
- 2.11 Install
- 2.12 Wrap Up the Installation Process
- 2.13 Open Microsoft Word and Enable Grammarly
- 3 Conclusion