The gaming industry has risen over the years, and it has now become a billion-dollar market. Coming to the gaming industry, when we talk about ‘Minecraft,’ it is a popular game among children. Minecraft was designed in the year 2009 by Swedish programmer Markus Persson. Thus, you must know how to Allocate More Ram in Minecraft now!
The game, when it was introduced, had the most simplest and basic graphics; however, it still managed to attract millions of people, especially children to the game. It has since then emerged to be the third most popular video game.
People rightly describe the game to be a first-person ‘sandbox game.’ Minecraft is available on various platforms, including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Xbox 360, mobile phones as well as on PlayStation 3. The game has become so popular that children seem to be getting an addiction towards the game.
See also: How to Make a Saddle In Minecraft
What is Minecraft All About?
Minecraft allows its players to build blocks anywhere and wherever they desire. The Minecraft game is further classified into two different modes:
- Survival Mode
- Creative Mode
The Minecraft game has an in-built memory of 1 Gigabyte, which seems insufficient to play the game with ease; therefore, you need to allocate more RAM in Minecraft.
4 Simple Ways to Allocate More Ram in Minecraft
For enjoying the Minecraft game in a hassle-free manner, you will be required to make sure that additional RAM is available to play the game. The 2.0.0 update has made allocating more RAM to Minecraft pretty simple. Let’s have a look at some different ideas in which you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft :
In Minecraft (V2.0.0)
After Microsoft released its new updated v(2.0.0) of Minecraft, things took a drastic turn. With the new version, the process for adding more RAM in Minecraft also changed. Without corrupting the game, it is now possible to add more RAM in Minecraft. The following are the steps for the same :
- Start by installing the newest version of Minecraft
- Secondly, find out the Total RAM of your PC
- Thirdly, in the Minecraft Launcher, open the Launch Options Tab.
- Head over to the ‘Advanced settings’ and among the list make changes in the profile required
- Now switch between different JVM arguments
- In the line ‘-X1G, ’ replace the number ‘1’ the amount of RAM you like to dedicate. However, make sure not to exceed two-thirds of your total RAM
- Make sure to save these changes
Allocate More RAM in Minecraft Server
The second way of allocating more RAM to Minecraft is through a Minecraft server. Both of these methods differ in many aspects. Let’s have a look at the below steps for the same:
- Firstly, you need to start the Minecraft server directory
- Open a new wording document in the server directory. You can do this by clicking on Home
- The text that is require to write is below
- ‘java-Xmx####M – exe Minecraft_Server.exe -o true PAUSE’
- After that, modify the line ‘####’ with the required value that you wish to allocate
- Finally, save the new changes that have been made
Allocate More RAM in Minecraft V (1.6.X)
You can also assign more RAM in Minecraft if you are using v(1.6.X). Let’s have a look at the steps below:
- Firstly, find out the Total RAM in your PC
- Secondly, make sure that your Java program is renewed. To check the newest version, you can visit the java website and then download the newest version.
- Thirdly, launch the Minecraft launcher.
- Among various profiles available, choose the one that you wish to alter
- For modifying the Minecraft program, go to the ‘Java Settings (Advanced) section.’
- Now for allocating more RAM, write the text ‘Xmx#G’ wherein you are required to change ‘#’ with the number of additional memory that you need for playing the game smoothly.
- Now make sure to save the new changes
Allocation of More RAM Through a Launcher
Another method to Allocate More Ram in Minecraft is through AT launcher. With the help of AT launcher, you can download ‘Modpack’ as much as you want. For downloading the AT launcher the following are the steps that need to be taken care of:
- The first step involves launching the AT launcher b. Secondly, you are required to head to the ‘Settings tab.’
- After that, you need to head to the Java/Minecraft tab
- Once you head to the tab, there is an option of Maximum Memory/RAM from wherein you can select your desired memory required
- Finally, after selecting the required memory, it’s now time to save the necessary changes.
The ideas, as mentioned earlier, are four different ways through which you can assign more RAM in Minecraft. The default 1 Gigabyte is regarded to be insufficient for playing Minecraft games smoothly and hassle-free. However, increasing the RAM to around 4 Gigabytes will enable you to enjoy the game.
Usually, you can dedicate around a fraction size of your total RAM. But if you dedicate around 4 Gigabytes to 5 Gigabytes of RAM, that too seems to be sufficient to enjoy Minecraft games.