The gaming industry has risen over the years and has become a billion-dollar market. Coming to the gaming industry, when we talk about ‘Minecraft,’ it is a popular game among children. Minecraft was designed in the year 2009 by Swedish programmer Markus Persson. Thus, you must know how to Allocate More Ram in Minecraft now!
When it was introduced, the game had the simplest and most basic graphics; however, it still managed to attract millions of people, especially children, to the game. It has since then emerged to be the third most popular video game.
People rightly describe the game to be a first-person ‘sandbox game.’ Minecraft is available on various platforms, including Microsoft Windows, Mac, Xbox 360, mobile phones, and PlayStation 3. The game has become so popular that children seem to be getting an addiction to the game.
See also: How to Make a Saddle In Minecraft
What is Minecraft All About?
Minecraft allows its players to build blocks anywhere and wherever they desire. The Minecraft game is further classified into two different modes:
- Survival Mode
- Creative Mode
The Minecraft game has an in-built memory of 1 Gigabyte, which seems insufficient to play the game easily; therefore, you need to allocate more RAM in Minecraft.
4 Simple Ways to Allocate More Ram in Minecraft
To enjoy the Minecraft game hassle-free, you must ensure that additional RAM is available to play the game. The 2.0.0 update has made allocating more RAM to Minecraft pretty simple. Let’s have a look at some different ideas in which you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft :
In Minecraft (V2.0.0)
Things took a drastic turn after Microsoft released its new updated v(2.0.0) of Minecraft. The new version also changed the process for adding more RAM in Minecraft. Without corrupting the game, adding more RAM in Minecraft is now possible. The following are the steps for the same :
- Start by installing the newest version of Minecraft
- Secondly, find out the Total RAM of your PC
- Thirdly, in the Minecraft Launcher, open the Launch Options Tab.
- Head over to the ‘Advanced settings and among the list,‘ make changes in the profile required
- Now switch between different JVM arguments
- In the line ‘-X1G, ’ replace the number ‘1’ with the amount of RAM you like to dedicate. However, make sure not to exceed two-thirds of your total RAM
- Make sure to save these changes
Allocate More RAM in Minecraft Server
The second way of allocating more RAM to Minecraft is through a Minecraft server. Both of these methods differ in many aspects. Let’s have a look at the below steps for the same:
- Firstly, you need to start the Minecraft server directory
- Open a new wording document in the server directory. You can do this by clicking on Home
- The text that is required to write is below
- ‘java-Xmx####M – exe Minecraft_Server.exe -o true PAUSE’
- After that, modify the line ‘####‘ with the required value that you wish to allocate
- Finally, save the new changes that have been made
Allocate More RAM in Minecraft V (1.6.X)
You can also assign more RAM in Minecraft using v(1.6.X). Let’s have a look at the steps below:
- Firstly, find out the Total RAM in your PC
- Secondly, make sure that your Java program is renewed. To check the newest version, you can visit the Java website and then download the newest version.
- Thirdly, launch the Minecraft launcher.
- Among various profiles available, choose the one that you wish to alter
- To modify the Minecraft program, go to the ‘Java Settings (Advanced) section.’
- Now for allocating more RAM, write the text ‘Xmx#G‘ wherein you must change ‘#‘ with the number of additional memory that you need to play the game smoothly.
- Now make sure to save the new changes
Allocation of More RAM Through a Launcher
Another method to Allocate More Ram in Minecraft is through AT launcher. With the help of AT launcher, you can download ‘Modpack’ as much as you want. For downloading the AT launcher, the following are the steps that need to be taken care of:
- The first step involves launching the AT launcher b. Secondly, you are required to head to the ‘Settings tab.’
- After that, you need to head to the Java/Minecraft tab
- Once you head to the tab, there is an option of Maximum Memory/RAM from wherein you can select your desired memory required
- Finally, it’s time to save the necessary changes after selecting the required memory.
What does allocating more RAM do in Minecraft?
The allocation of more RAM in Minecraft increases its loading speed faster and better. In 2 GB RAM data, it was doing fine in processing, but in context to the latest versions, allocating about half of your RAM to it is a must.
How much RAM should I allocate in Minecraft?
Allocation of up to 4 GB RAM to Minecraft for smooth processing is a good initiative. But it is also warned not to use more than half of the RAM of a low-end PC for Minecraft as this can cause instability and crashing of systems.
How to increase FPS in Minecraft?
To increase FPS in Minecraft, follow the given steps: 1. Lower the graphics settings from Graphic Settings. Then set the graphics to Fast. 2. Download the Optifine app from the browser to improve FPS. 3. If available, allocate more RAM to Minecraft through Minecraft settings. 4. Update your graphics drivers by downloading the latest graphics card manufacturers like NVIDIA. 5. Lastly, close all unnecessary background applications from the system.
Why is Minecraft LAN so laggy?
Minecraft LAN might act laggy because of a slow internet connection. Try connecting it to a fast internet connection for better results.
As mentioned earlier, there are four ways to assign more RAM in Minecraft. The default 1 Gigabyte is insufficient for playing Minecraft games smoothly and hassle-free. However, increasing the RAM to around 4 Gigabytes will enable you to enjoy the game.
Usually, you can dedicate around a fraction size of your total RAM. But if you dedicate around 4 Gigabytes to 5 Gigabytes of RAM, that also seems sufficient to enjoy Minecraft games.
Jordan Ramée: Video game and anime journalist since 2016. Turns obsessions into compelling content. Beware: Mentioning Hollow Knight may trigger lengthy lore discussions.