Whitepages are a private business incorporated in 2000, and it went on to receive some 45 million dollars in funding in 2005. It came out in 2013 from 2008-2013 launched several mobile applications, including a redesign in 2009. The project allows consumers to decide what info to see on their app and what features they wish to use. In this article, we will discuss about the ways through which you may remove yourself from whitepages for protecting yourself for security reasons.
With its elements of particulars, the white page is a prime contender for service providing, hoax detection, business identity verification, public record background checks, and various other services.
It is a directory compromising of people’s addresses according to their geographic region. Here, the name lists in alphabetical format, which is similar to that of a phonebook. This project was initially developed for the U.S, but now, a lot of countries around the world are using it.
So basically, whitepages collect, sell, and share your documentation by making use of online/offline origins and middlemen. It promotes or advertises the goods to the target audience. In other words, it has commercial purposes. Whitepages allow every individual and business organizations to manage and access other entities. Also, they require your detailed denominations to accomplish this task.
Besides, they aren’t just an online data provider, but it’s also a communication manager for users. With white pages, you can order anything online, or you can search for any place to eat, or you can also search for any friends or relatives. Things are now easy with white pages.
See Also : Free Whitepages Premium Accounts and Passwords (Tested 2023)
Why Remove Yourself From Whitepages?
The search engines collect your datum from all sources that are accessible to it, which contain records. With such details available, anybody can look you up online. In most cases, such sensitive information about you makes your privacy harder. As your data is at one’s fingertips, a sense of security is being threatened. To safeguard your accounts from unlawful acts, you should remove yourself from white pages.
Whitepages is the most stumbled across a forum that encompasses every individual on the web. As white pages is an extensive, commonly used database for knowledge extraction that contains biographical data of every individual, any person can get their hands on your profiles. This data is being used for illegal purposes that you may not know. It is your job to keep your identities at bay.
How to Remove Yourself From Whitepages?
Although Whitepages may provide you with various features and functionalities despite that, some users want their history to be private. Now that white pages have been redesigned. It comes with some new functionalities where the user can hide their statistics from the public. It is totally up to the user to either conceal their identity or not to but either way, they get to enjoy the services provided.
Whitepages usually fall into two categories :
- The first one is Free Information which is less exclusive
- The second one is Premium, which includes all your past details. The premium information also includes your criminal and financial records. Such information is rather hard to remove.
Steps to Remove Yourself From White Pages (Free Version)
See Also : Free Salesforce Account | Premium Usernames and Passwords List
- Open your portal and go directly to whitepages.com
- Enter your full details followed by the residence or zipcode to limit the possibilities
- Hit the search button and wait for the page to load
- Click the one which suits you best
- Go to the URL and copy it
- Scroll down to the bottom till you see “Remove from Directory”
- An Opt-Out page opens where you are to paste the link
- Click Opt-Out and press Remove Me
- You will have to specify the reason for doing so. Select one among the options provided and click Submit
- To verify your identity, it will ask you for a phone number.
- Enter it to receive the call, and you will get the code on your screen
- The page will display Success if done so. If not, then you can retry the above steps.
Steps to Remove Yourself from Whitepages [Premium version]
White pages premium also follows the same procedure as given above. Sometimes, it may take a bit longer than usual to completely rid yourself of it. Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Firstly, open the “premium.whitepages.com” website and enter your details such as name and address and click the search button
- Once you have found your listing click on the View Full Report (only visible for premium accounts) button
- Now copy the link address
- Now go to the “support request page” where you should elaborate the reason for removing your history
- You will receive a form in which you have to fill out the details that are similar to the URL you just copied
- Now click the “submit” button where you will receive a prompt which specifies that your request is under process
- The next email sent will be a confirmation before permanently deleting.
- Within the next few days, your premium information will no longer be available on white pages.
This step is long, as the process takes about 2-3 days to remove your entire history.
This article does not state that white pages are doing a lousy job at maintaining security. They aren’t doing anything illegal. Your personal ID’s are a way to increase traffic on the website. It is how they earn a profit. But due to an increase in the number of cybercriminals recently, it is better if you take certain precautions to maintain data integrity. Therefore, these were a few steps through which you may remove yourself from whitepages.
See Also : Get Free Upstore Premium Account | Premium Password List (2023)
Gemma joined FreeAccountsOnline as a staff writer after graduating from Leeds Beckett University with a Journalism degree. She’s worked with national outlets, covering breaking news stories to reviews for some of the world’s worst Steam games.