Overwatch opens and closes? This article aims to solve the annoying problem of Overwatch opening and closing. We’ll go through the potential reasons and workable fixes for this issue, assuring you that you may resume playing Overwatch without experiencing any crashes or startup troubles.
You may attempt these efficient fixes to cure Overwatch startup crashes and game crashes:
- Update the display driver.
- Check the game files’ integrity.
- Temporarily turn off the antivirus and firewall.
- Run the game as an administrator.
- Reinstall the game.
Nothing irritates an active Overwatch player more than a game crash or startup issues. Please stick with us; we’ll ensure you don’t struggle with annoying crashes or startup problems. We’ll talk about the origins and provide workable fixes so you may keep playing Overwatch without issues.
Overwatch Opens and Closes: How to Fix the Overwatch Game Crash
The popular first-person shooter game Overwatch was created and released by Blizzard Entertainment. Since the game’s debut in 2016, millions of gamers have joined it worldwide. Overwatch is susceptible to many problems, including startup failures, display driver errors, and game crashes.
This post will explain the frequent issue of Overwatch opening and quickly closing, look at potential reasons, and offer workable fixes. Overwatch immediately closes after opening; an emerging issue will be covered in this article along with its possible causes and provides practical solutions to resolve the problem.
What Causes Overwatch to Open and Close Immediately?
Overwatch opens and closes due to several reasons, such as:
- Problems with the display driver: Overwatch needs a graphics card to function, and if the display driver needs to be updated or repaired, the game may crash or refuse to start.
- Problems with compatibility: Overwatch may not be compatible with all platforms, which might cause startup errors or game crashes.
- Corrupted game files: A game with corrupted files may not launch properly or crash while playing.
- Antivirus or firewall issues: Overprotective firewall or antivirus settings may prevent the game from starting.
- Hardware problems: The game may crash or fail to launch due to overheating, overclocking, or other hardware problems.
See Also : How To Get Free PUBG Accounts In 2023
How to Fix Overwatch Startup Crashes and Game Crashes
If you’re experiencing Overwatch opens and closes immediately, or other game crashes, here are some effective solutions to fix the issue.
Update the Display Driver
Overwatch crashes can occur due to obsolete or damaged display drivers, as was previously described. To guarantee that the game plays well, it is crucial to maintain your graphics card driver up to current. Use these procedures to update the display driver:
- Choose Device Manager by pressing the Windows and X keys.
2. Enlarge the category for display adapters.
3. Update the driver by performing a right-click on your graphics card. Choose the option for an automated driver search.
4. To execute the update, comply with the instructions on-screen.
If the display driver update is failed, the graphics card driver can be deleted and reinstalled.
See Also: How To Get Free Pokémon Go Accounts | Updated 2023
Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Overwatch may crash or refuse to launch due to corrupted game files. Thus, it’s essential to routinely check the game files’ integrity to ensure they are not damaged. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start the Battle.net application.
2. Click Overwatch, then choose Options.
3. Choose Scan and Repair after that.
4. Restart the game once the action is concluded.
Temporarily Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Antivirus or firewall settings that are too protective may prevent the game from starting. Thus, temporarily turning off the firewall or antivirus to check whether it fixes the problem.
To prevent leaving your computer open to security risks, re-enable the security settings after testing.
Run the Game as an Administrator
You can avoid permission problems causing Overwatch to crash by starting the game as an administrator. Here is how you do it:
- Do right-click on the Overwatch desktop shortcut.
2. After selecting Properties, choose the Compatibility tab.
3. By ticking the box, choose to run this program in administrative mode.
4. Press OK after clicking Apply.
See Also: How To Get Free Call Of Duty Mobile Accounts
Reinstall the Game
If none of the above fixes work, you can reload the game. Doing this will fix any game file corruption or compatibility problems. To reinstall Overwatch, do the following:
- Start the Battle.net application. Choose Uninstall under Overwatch.
2. To remove the game, adhere to the directions displayed on-screen. Reinstall Overwatch after restarting your computer.
What are the common reasons for Overwatch opening and immediately closing?
Some common reasons for Overwatch opening and immediately closing are display driver crashes, startup crashes, game crashes, antivirus or firewall interference, and outdated or corrupt game files.
How can I fix Overwatch startup crashes?
To fix Overwatch startup crashes, you can update your display driver, verify the integrity of game files, disable antivirus and firewall temporarily, run the game as an administrator, or reinstall the game.
What should I do if my display driver crashes while playing Overwatch?
If your Overwatch display driver crashes while playing, you can try updating the driver to the latest version or rolling back to a previous version that worked well with the game.
How can I check the game files' integrity to prevent Overwatch crashes?
Open the Battle.net client, choose Overwatch from the list of games, click the 'Settings' button, and then choose 'Scan and Repair' to confirm the accuracy of the game files and the Overwatch crash fix.
Can antivirus or firewall software cause Overwatch to open and immediately close?
Overwatch starts and then can be caused by the interference of antivirus or firewall software with Overwatch. You can temporarily disable the software or add an exception for Overwatch in the antivirus or firewall settings to fix the issue.
What should I do if my game of Overwatch keeps crashing?
You may update your display driver, reduce the game's settings, check your hardware for problems, or reinstall the game if Overwatch continues crashing while you're playing.
To fix startup problems, should I launch Overwatch as an administrator?
By granting Overwatch the right permissions to function, running the game as an administrator can assist in resolving startup issues.
How can I reinstall Overwatch to resolve the opening/closing problems?
You may launch the Battle.net client, choose Overwatch from the list of games, click the 'Settings' button, and then choose 'Uninstall Game' to reinstall the game. You may reinstall the game by selecting 'Install' once it has been removed.
How can I reduce the Overwatch game's settings to prevent crashes?
You may access the game's settings, choose the 'Video' tab, and drop the graphics quality, resolution, or shadows to reduce game settings and prevent Overwatch crashes.
How can I determine whether my hardware is to blame for Overwatch crashing or failing to launch?
Check the CPU, GPU, or Memory used during gameplay to see if your hardware is to blame for Overwatch crashes or non-launches. The game may crash if one or more are overheated or broken. To check for problems, you may also run hardware diagnostic checks.
In conclusion, it might be unpleasant for gamers when Overwatch opens and closes abruptly. Whether it includes updating the display driver, verifying the game files’ integrity, briefly disabling the firewall and antivirus software, running the game as an administrator, or reinstalling the game, there is always a solution to the issue. You may resolve the issue by applying the solutions and suggestions in this post, and enjoy your play. Use the solutions suggested above to restart playing Overwatch without crashing or startup issues.
You can always find me playing the piano or playing FIFA when I’m not binge-watching TV Series with pizzas.