Imagine playing cool games on your Chromebook. Won’t that be fun? So, let’s dig into how to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google play. Excited? Keep reading for some simple and easy steps for downloading and playing Roblox on your Chromebook.
Help your sibling or niece to install Roblox for chrome and act as a techy, but first, get to know what Roblox is. It is an online game where you can create your character or buy any characters. Even better, you can create a new game and play it with your friends. It is a fun, engaging, and creative game.
Ways On How To Play Roblox on Chromebook Without Google Play
To play Roblox on Chromebook without Google play, first, you have to put your Chromebook in developer mode.
Why Do You Have to Put Your Chromebook in Developer Mode?
There are several reasons to put your Chromebook in developer mode. But the main reason will be to install third-party applications or extensions. However, make sure to have a backup of all your files.
The Chromebook is meant for study purposes. In fact, they have great battery power and have said it is useful for educational purposes. Therefore, to install a game in this type of system, you need to change its working mode. That’s why we are switching the Chromebook to developer mode.
How To Put Your Chromebook in Developer Mode?
To play Roblox on Chromebook without Google play, switch your Chromebook to developer mode in two ways. One is through some combinations of buttons, and the second is to change it in your settings directly.
Combination Of Buttons to Put Your Chromebook in Developer Mode
You can turn on the developer mode with a few combinations of buttons. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Press the Escape key, reload key, and power button all at the same time. The system will restart after a few seconds.
- Then press the Control and D button at the same time.
- After that, press Enter, and again press Control and D together.
- The system will reboot and soon will be on developer mode.
- Press Control and D another time; now, the chrome will be loaded in developer mode.
So that’s how you put your Chromebook in developer mode. Now you can download and play Roblox.
Another Easy Way to Put Your Chromebook in Developer Mode
Confused with the key combinations, here is another easy way to put in developer mode to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google play.
- Go to the Settings, search for the Advanced option, and click on it.
- Go to Developers, then click on the Linux development environment (Beta).
- Choose Turn on the button and give a User Name.
- You can custom the data size – click on Custom and change it to 15gigabytes.
- Click on Install.
That’s all now; your Chromebook is on Linux mode, which means you can do whatever you want, like downloading and playing games.
How is Roblox Downloaded for Chromebook?
Below are some easy steps for you to follow to download Roblox on you Chromebook. You can download it like any other apk file, install it, and finally start playing!
- First, you must go to the browser and look for Roblox APK as they are safe and certified.
- Now click on the APK file to download, and it will start downloading on your Chromebook.
- Afterward, click on the Keep button and Show in Folder button.
- Now go and open the file; this will initiate the installation.
- There will be a warning sign as this is an APK file. It might be harmful, but we downloaded it from a good source so we can select Continue for the installation process.
- Select Install again, and then click Open to open your Roblox in your Chromebook.
How To Play Roblox on Chromebook
Once the installation is done, you can open the Roblox on your Chromebook in two ways. First, there will be an open button on the installation page. If you click on that, it will open the Roblox home page, where you can log in and start playing.
And the other way is there will be a Roblox icon on the page. Clicking on that will open the homepage of Roblox, where you can log in to your account and start to play.
Play Roblox Online using a Chromebook
Another way around to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google play is through now.gg gaming website. It offers you to play for free with advertisements in between. So, to play the game on the Roblox website now.gg and then log in as you would.
That’s it. You’re good at playing the game on mobile. now.gg is the perfect way to play the Roblox game as they are a cloud-based service.
How To Play PC Roblox Games on Mobile?
You can play by browsing and searching for the Roblox website. Then log in to your account. Click on create, then switch the browser to the desktop website.
In android mobile, click on the right top, and you can change to the desktop website. For iPhone, click on the Aa on the left side and the request desktop website.
Now you can create your own game on mobile. Select any theme available on the page to create a game of your choice. Then you can choose to keep it private or public and save it. Now select your name, and place and start to play. That’s all; this is how you play Roblox games on mobile phones.
Play Via a Remote Session
And for this, you have to install the chrome remote desktop app on your Chromebook. You have to do the same on another PC or Mac. Look for the instructions closely and do as instructed to establish the connection. Then setup up remote access to play the game.
This method needs two devices that are your Chromebook and your other PC, to be on for playing.
How To Play Roblox on A Web Browser?
To play Roblox on your web browser without Google play, first
- Create an account for yourself in Roblox.
- Signup by giving your Username and Password. Once you have signed in, there will be many games available.
- Choose any game of your choice and then click the play-like green button. Once done, there will be a pop-up message.
- Click on Download and Install Roblox and save.
- Then comes the installation process. Afterward, click on Ok to complete the process.
- Once done, go to your browser and play your chosen game.
You can also play Roblox on Google Chrome OS by downloading it from the Google Play store. Turn on the google play store and search for Roblox, download, and play the game.
Why Do I Have Trouble Playing Roblox on Chromebook?
This is because you might have an outdated browser. Else the server might be down. The antivirus might block the game from running if that's not the situation. Sometimes uninstall or reinstalling could solve the problem.
Can I Play Roblox on Any Chromebook?
Yes, of course, whether the Chromebook has a google play store or not, you can play Roblox on any Chromebook.
How to Enable Google to Play on Chrome OS?
Go to settings, and find Google play store. Click' Turn on' Terms and Services will appear, and click on 'Accept.' That's all. Google play store has been enabled.
Now that you have seen how to download and play Roblox on your Chromebook using developer mode and how to switch your Chromebook to developer mode. Moreover, you also know how to install and play Roblox and how to play on your mobile.
All things are possible with some tricks and knowing how to do them—following this method will help you play your favourite game on the Chromebook. So, let’s play some games!
See also: How to Donate Robux | Complete Guide
Jordan Ramée has been covering video games and anime since 2016, cultivating a skill set that allows him to transform his unhealthy obsessions into what he would argue is compelling content (we won’t tell him if you don’t). Do not let him know that you’re playing Hollow Knight–he will take that as a sign that you wish to talk about the lore for the next five hours.
- 1 Ways On How To Play Roblox on Chromebook Without Google Play
- 2 How is Roblox Downloaded for Chromebook?
- 3 How To Play Roblox on Chromebook
- 4 Play Roblox Online using a Chromebook
- 5 How To Play PC Roblox Games on Mobile?
- 6 Play Via a Remote Session
- 7 How To Play Roblox on A Web Browser?
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion